Rules and Regulations for Carnival Services Contest
Rules and Regulations for Carnival Services Contest
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. For Special Event Attractions, Inc. DBA Carnival Services, Carnival Enterprises, Inc. DBA Carnival Services, and SEA (Special Events Attractions LLC) and/or any affiliated companies, their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. For use in this agreement Carnival Services and affiliated companies will hereinafter be described as the/this “Company” (“we,” “us,” or “our”). The Agreement will hereinafter be described as the/this "Agreement" (“Rules and Regulations,” “Rental Agreement,” or “Contact”). This Agreement is valid from the moment it is agreed to by the Entrant. The customer, agent, agents, officers or employees and any third party that is affiliated to anyone entering a contest hosted by the Company, or on the behalf of those third parties for the purpose of this Agreement will hereinafter be described as the “Entrant” (“you,” “your” or yours”). For the purpose of this Agreement all properties, assets, merchandise, equipment, possessions, and/or articles belonging to the Company will hereinafter be described as “Equipment.” The contest which the Entrant agrees to enter into by this Agreement for the purpose of winning a prize from the Company will herein after be described as the “Contest.” The Agreement period is from the moment the Entrant agrees to enter into a Contest with the Company for the purpose of winning a prize until the time the company releases the Entrant from the agreement.
2. ELIGIBILITY. No purchase is necessary to win. All Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry into the contest. Entry into the contest is deemed acceptance of any Rules and Regulations. The Company reserves the right to exclude any person from the contest on the grounds of criminal record, invalid or incorrect information, or for any violation of the Rules and Regulations. Furthermore, the Entrant must agree to all areas of the Company’s Rental Agreement or Terms and Conditions (located on the Company’s website or available upon request). Employees, agents and representatives of the Company, including all subsidiaries or affiliates and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to win. Additionally, sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate families” include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
3. DISQUALIFICATION: The Entrant agrees; (a) that the Company is not responsible nor liable for loss of information or data as a result of an interruption to or unavailable network server or other connection issues including, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may result in an Entrant being rejected or prohibited from a contest; (b) that any persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of a contest or abusing any operation of the contest form or any other means for Entrants to enter into a contest, will be disqualified; (c) that any part of the Rules and Regulations that list a method or procedure that may cause an Entrant to be disqualified or prevent an Entrant from entering into a contest, does also subject the Entrant to disqualification; (d) that the term disqualification means (for the purpose of these Rules and Regulations) the termination of an Entrant’s eligibility to participate including win a contest. In the event any portion of this contest is compromised by a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Company, including any violation of the intended purpose of the contest, resulting in the corruption or distortion of the Company or Entrants administration abilities, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest and the requirements of the Company to award Prize(s) to individuals or groups; (e) that should the Company cancel or terminate the Contest at any time, the Entrant may not receive notice of the contest termination nor receive any contribution for its termination.
4. GENERAL RULES. The Rules and Regulations set forth by the Company govern any contest that the Company enters into. All Entrants agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations set forth by the Company, upon entry into a completion or contest through any means or system of entry, which the Company is subject to take-part-in as a sponsor or contributor. The Company retains the sole right to correct, adjust, change, alter, or remove part, or all of these Rules and Regulations, at any time (before, during, and after the contest) without notification to any party including future, current, or past Entrants. The Entrant agrees that entry into any contest that the Company sponsors or takes part in, means that they have fully understood all parts of the Rules and Regulations and agree to adhere to the Rules and Regulations including any Terms and Conditions prior set forth by the Company.
5. PARTICIPATION. Entry into this completion can be done via an online website or through mail, phone, or by other means made available by the Company. The Company has the right to refuse any entry by the Entrant via any system used to accept the entry including but not limited to, entry’s via e-mail, phone, person-to-person, mail, or an online website. The right of the Company to refuse an Entrants ability to win any prize is listed in the aforementioned area of these Rules and Regulations.
6. CONTEST PERIOD. The Company contest will begin on April 1, 2012 at midnight and close on December 31, 2012 at midnight. The Company contest for a “Monthly Prize,” contest will start and end each month and is determine by the start day and end day of that month. The “Monthly Prize,” contest will not exceed more than (31) thirty-one total days in a single contest period. All other contributing factors such as Entrant selection or Prize distribution do not apply and remain separate from the contest period.
7. WINNER SELECTION: The odds of winning a prize(s) are subject to the amount of Entrants. The winning of prize(s) is achieved by chance, and is not determined by the amount of purchase, number of entries or any other factor, nor will it determine eligibility. A random selection will be implemented by the Company after the close of each month to determine the winner of (1) one of the prizes from the contest “Monthly Prize.” The selection of a winner for the “Monthly Prize” will be determined by random selection from all eligible Entrants after the close of each month and no later than the (15) fifteenth day of the following month. The selection of a grand prize winner will be determined by random selection from all eligible entrants. A list of these winners will be posted on the Company’s website for viewing. The Company has the right to post or authorize to post the list of winners and prizes in any form such as on websites, in magazines, on promotional material, or via any Company approved media.
8. NOTIFYING WINNERS. Winner(s) will be notified by e-mail within (15) fifteen days after the selection process. Prizes will be awarded only on verification by the Company that all contest requirements have been met by the winner(s). The winner(s) acknowledges and agrees; (a) that no correspondence will be entered into, except with selected winner(s) via the e-mail address listed on one of the Company’s approved entry systems by the Entrant; (b) that the winner will have (14) fourteen calendar days from the day the Company provides notification, for the winner to accept a prize. Verification of prize acceptance includes notification from the winner to the company via e-mail, that the winner accepts the prize and further agrees to the Rules and Regulations; (c) that the Company is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts concerning receiving or sending notifications to or from selected winner(s); (d) that if the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Company reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that prize.
9. PRIZES. The Company for the purpose of the contest will provide(1) one prize each month. Each prize must be accepted as an award and are none refundable. Prizes cannot be discounted, divided, extended beyond time, transferred to other individuals or organizations, cashed, or used to purchase, rent or lease any services not provided by the Company. Prizes are for a one day rental only and must not exceed an eight hour day. Prizes cannot be redeemed on Company “Blackout Dates” or in combination with any other coupons or prizes. All prizes are 100% subject to availability. The Company retains the ultimate right to decide if equipment is available at time of rental. All other knowledge of availabilities are notwithstanding, and subject to the Company’s discretion. The Prize is a coupon worth “$500.00 off” any Equipment offered by the Company. The prize can be awarded to a lawful organization or cooperation defined as an individual, school, city, company, or religious group. The monthly prize encompasses (1) individual prize awarded (1) one time per month for (9) nine months. All prizes are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Carnival Services Rental Agreement and the Rules and Regulations of Carnival Services contest. All prizes are to be deemed void or expired by the Company if not used by the winner(s) within a (12) twelve month period after the Company grants the prize to the winner.
10. BLACKOUT DATES: The Company has the right to decline or reject the redemption of any prize on the following specified dates including all of Carnival Services prior blackout dates. These dates include but may not be limited to; (a) Holidays such as Purim, Easter, the Fourth of July, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and; (b) other dates, including the last two weekends of October, and October 31st please see Carnival Services Terms and Conditions for other possible Blackout dates. All other dates, times, and equipment or services are subject to availability on a first come bases only.
11. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: The Company shall not be responsible or liable to Entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of Entrants entering a contest or for the use of any prize(s) won in connection with this contest or the failure by the sponsor to deliver the prize to the winner in accordance with the contest rules and regulations.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND RULES. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and county laws. This contest is valid for Entrants hosting an event inside of Orange County California, Ventura County California, Los Angeles County California, Riverside County California, San Bernardino California, San Diego County California, and Santa Barbara County California. Any event hosted in any other County’s inside of California or in any location outside of California, is not permitted and will result in the forfeiting of Entrants eligibility and/or prize(s).
13. DECLARATION AND RELEASE. The Entrant; (a) confirms compliance with these Rules and Regulations; (b) releases and forever discharges the Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of a prize; (c) gives permission to the Company, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Company or their respective advertising agencies. Any prize(s) will be provided by the Company after the prize is officially declared won.
14. HOLD HARMLESS. By participating in the contest, each Entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Company and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights,